Author Topic: Discussion Topics  (Read 3435 times)

popcomicclub

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Discussion Topics
« on: November 15, 2012, 11:33:26 PM »
Calling all POP!Stars!
Now is your chance to let us know what Discussion Topics you would like to see at future POP! meetings.
We know you've got great ideas... Keep 'em coming!

Fish Fingers and Custard

• POP!Star VIP
  • POP! VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Re: Discussion Topics
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 01:57:01 AM »
TV shows based on comics. Arrow, The Walking Dead, Smallville, S.H.E.I.L.D., etc.
"Never apologize for being nerdy, because unnerdy people never apologize for being assholes."

Jason W. Fitch

• POP! Co-Founder
  • Administrator
  • POP! Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 09:20:20 PM »
We've talked about doing that one before. I think it would be a suitable meeting topic.
"It's our similarities that bring us together, but it's our differences that keep it interesting."- Jason W. Fitch
                                                           POP! Co-Founder

David Ehase

• POP!Star VIP
  • POP! Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 01:51:08 PM »
We've talked about doing that one before. I think it would be a suitable meeting topic.

I think thats a great topic, too.

Dennis01

• POP!Star VIP
  • POP! Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 10:26:47 PM »
This is a rich topic, too, covering seven decades from the Adventures of Superman in 1952.

JitteryWill

• POP!Star VIP
  • POP! Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 10:06:24 PM »
--Banned!  Rated R stuff we normally avoid (c'mon, we barely get to touch on stuff like Preacher, Marvel's MAX line, and Dr. Manhattan's little blue Doctor, and tons of other stuff.)  A One Time Only event!  :)

--Fantastic Four.  Normal character profiles are for individual characters, but this team is so intrinsically connected that they have to be done together.  And frankly, I want the chance to gush about Dr. Doom.  ;)

--Creator Profiles on Jack Kirby, Stan Lee, Alan Moore, Frank Miller, and plenty of other creators that have had huge impacts and influences NOT JUST on comics, but crossing over into other genres as well.

--Star Wars.  Movies, books, comics, animated series, and a best forgotten Christmas special?!  That deserves a meeting.  Even those who aren't fans can appreciate the influence on the entertainment industry as a whole that Lucas has had because of these stories.

--Star Trek.  Well, I guess if we're doing one, we gotta do the other.  Star Wars, of course, is better, so should go first.  :D

JitteryWill

• POP!Star VIP
  • POP! Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 05:06:03 PM »
Remember your child's first word?  All parents do.  Some take it as a point of pride.  Others think it's just a stepping stone to growing up.  Valeria, the daughter of Mr. Fantastic and the Invisible Woman, had the greatest first word of all time.

"Doom."

DOOM must have his own meeting!  So says Doom!  This I command!  No, that was somebody else.  Whatever!

DOOOOOOOM!  :D

Jason W. Fitch

• POP! Co-Founder
  • Administrator
  • POP! Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 06:34:01 PM »
It shall be done.
"It's our similarities that bring us together, but it's our differences that keep it interesting."- Jason W. Fitch
                                                           POP! Co-Founder