Author Topic: POP! Star Profile: Jason W. Fitch  (Read 1459 times)

Jason W. Fitch

• POP! Co-Founder
  • Administrator
  • POP! Co-Founder
    • View Profile
POP! Star Profile: Jason W. Fitch
« on: November 16, 2012, 11:55:48 AM »
NAME: Jason Whitecrow Fitch

POP! MEMBER SINCE: The inception. Co-founder/Moderator

POP! CULTURE INTERESTS: Comics, Collectibles, Antique/nostalgic pop culture memorabilia, Horror films, The 80's

CURRENTLY READING: Batman titles, Aquaman, Justice League, Green Arrow, All Star Western, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Avengers titles, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Thor, Hawkeye, Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Wolverine titles, Uncanny X-Men

CURRENTLY COLLECTING: Anything Aquaman

ABOUT ME: My Grandfather and uncles were giving me comics as long as I can remember. In fifth grade, a friend of mine took me to my first comic shop (North Coast Nostalgia) and I was hooked. I had no idea how extensive the comic book community was. Years of collecting later, I was laid off from my day job and the owner of my local comic shop (York Comics) gave me a job as the store manager. I was there for a decade, learning the retailer side of the comic book industry, all the ins and outs and nuances that come with the responsibility of providing customers with a four color fix. I developed a strong relationship with my customers and when it came time for me to move on to another career, I wanted a way to keep in touch with them and keep my finger on the pulse of the comics community. After a meeting with Marc Sumerak, a friend and former customer, POP! was born. The rest is history...and the story isn't over yet!

FAVORITE CHARACTERS: Aquaman. Hands down. Followed by Green Arrow and Batman. Over at Marvel, I dig Ghost Rider (hey, I ride a motorcycle...don't judge), Thor and Hawkeye.
"It's our similarities that bring us together, but it's our differences that keep it interesting."- Jason W. Fitch
                                                           POP! Co-Founder